It’s Easter week so I figured some Easter themed posts were in order. I really racked my brains to try and decide what sort of posts to do around Easter and I knew I wanted to do some baking. I found an incredible looking cake on Pinterest and then I went out and got super drunk. Needless to say, there was no chance I was baking a difficult and elaborate cake with a hangover so instead, I slept all day and then woke up the following day in a panic that I had no time to bake. All this taken into consideration, I decided to make rocky road instead.
300g milk chocolate
15g unsalted butter
2 tbsp honey
180g mini marshmallows
200g digestive biscuits (crushed)
250g mini eggs
100g filled eggs (you can use either creme eggs, caramel eggs or fondant filled eggs)
300g white chocolate
1 x pack of mini Malteaser bunnies
- First, I broke up all of my milk chocolate which I put into a glass jug along with the unsalted butter and honey. I put them in the microwave and melted it all together in short 15 second bursts until it was all melted and mixed together.
- I poured the melted chocolate mixture into a large bowl along with most of the mini marshmallows (keep about a handful back), the digestive biscuits and most of the mini eggs (again, keep about a handful back.)
- I mixed all of the ingredients in the bowl together and then unwrapped the filled eggs. I buried these inside the mixture (they were too difficult to mix in with the rest!)
- I spread all the mixture out on a baking tray which I had lined with greaseproof paper and smoothed it so it was level.
- Whilst the rocky road mixture was cooling a little, I used another glass jug to melt the white chocolate which again I did in the microwave in 15-second bursts.
- Once the white chocolate was melted, I poured it over the top of my rocky road and spread it out over the base
- Finally, I decorated the top with the Malteaser bunnies and the remaining marshmallows and mini eggs. I put the tray into the fridge and let it chill and harden for a few hours. Once it was hard I took it out of the tray and cut it into squares.
I’m a huge fan of rocky road but I had never made it before so I was impressed with how easy it was to make, especially since I didn’t follow a recipe! If you try this rocky road, let me know and tag me in your pictures on Instagram (@alice_anonymous_)