If you follow me on Instagram, you might have spotted that I went pumpkin picking with my little sister when she came to visit me in Essex. Of course I bought plenty of pumpkins to decorate our flat but I also picked up a few extra ones to cook with. I decided to use one of them to make a pumpkin soup. Luckily it was a big one so I made plenty to eat and some to freeze for later!
If you fancy getting into the Autumn mood with some seasonal soup then keep reading for the recipe!
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1kg pumpkin, chopped into small chunks
700ml vegetable stock
150ml double cream
Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Once the onions are soft, add the pumpkin and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Once it is boiling reduce the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin is soft, stir in the double cream and remove from the heat.
- Use a stick blender to blend the soup, add salt and pepper to taste.
The soup is now ready to enjoy! I personally like to push it through a sieve before serving to make sure it’s super smooth! I served mine with a swirl of double cream on the top and some buttered bread!
If you try this recipe I’d love to see it, share a photo on Instagram using the hashtag #adventuringasalice
4 thoughts on “Pumpkin Soup | Recipe”
Sounds delicious!! 🙂 You have a lovely blog :))
Aw thank you!
LikeLiked by 1 person