You may have spotted if you are an avid follower of my Instagram that I love myself a pumpkin! I recently went pumpkin picking with my sister and we picked a bunch of great pumpkins so I thought I would share how I have been using mine.
- Decor – This is one of my favourite ways to use a pumpkin! It’s so easy to just sit a few pumpkins around the house and they look so pretty! It’s a great way to get into the season and you can always use them to cook with when you’re ready!
- Pumpkin Soup – I love homemade pumpkin soup in the winter and there is no better way to make it than with fresh pumpkin! If you want to make pumpkin soup check out my recipe here.
- Pumpkin Risotto – I haven’t actually tried this yet but someone who I work with was telling me she makes this and it sounds incredible. If anyone has any suggestions of a good recipe, let me know!
- Pumpkin hot chocolate – This is a really yummy way to add a bit of autumn to your hot chocolate but it is also like a whole meal in itself so make sure you’re not full up when you make this tasty treat!
- Roasted pumpkin – As a vegetarian, it is actually a bit difficult to find meals which are roasted and pumpkin is a great vegetable to roast for your Sunday dinner or to go on top of some couscous or even with a salad.
How do you use your pumpkins? Let me know and if you try any of my ideas, share them on Instagram with #adventuringasalice